Fine-looking fingernails can really make you look the part. From subtle tints to acrylic fix-ons, there are all kinds of ways to transform your appearance by tweaking the tips of your fingers. It can sometimes be tricky achieving that treasured glamorous look.
Acrylic nails have become extremely popular over recent years, however there are still a million and one ways to make nails look and feel beautiful 'au naturel'. Let us establish some ground rules for healthy nails.
- Limit the use of Nail Hardeners
- Have professional manicures, once a month at most
- Keep your nails clean always
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! - we cannot emphasise this one enough
- Remember your nails are not tools - do not pick at objects with them
If you prefer to to jazz up your fingertips artificially, there are few things you should take into consideration. Always apply a base coat to help preserve the health of your real nails. The base coat protects your nails, to ensure no cuts or scars develop when it is time for the nails to be taken off. It is worth making the effort to keep your nails dry in the hours before you put on artificial nails. Avoiding lotions is highly recommended as this will help the nails stick in place.